You may often wonder why your cake hasn’t risen. Possible reason could include:
• The butter was too soft to beat into a cream.
• The cake mixture had more or less fat than the quantity required by the recipe. Or the mixture contained less sugar than required by the recipe. Maybe also the mixture contained too little or too much liquid.
• The cake mixture wasn’t beaten sufficiently.
• The oven temperature was not high enough.
• The cake mixture did not contain enough quantity of raising agents, such as baking powder, or these were old and stale.